forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: [patch] person tag
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:48:02 GMT
Jeff,

Jeff Turner wrote:

> In this case, I didn't respond because I'm not sure if the patch is a
> good idea, and wanted time to think/hear people's opinions.  A page with
> a mailto: link to the author implies that the author should be contacted
> for comments/changes.  That is not the case in ASF projects, where
> authorship does not equal ownership.  If anything, I'd like to go the
> other way; make the appearance of *any* accreditation on the web page
> optional.  What do people think?

Well, If for whatever reasons a document have:

<authors>
<person name="Juan José Pablos Castañeda" email="cheche@apache.org"/>
</authors>

The html output format should have that informatino as well.

For ASF sites this patch does not stop you to do this:

<authors>
<person name="Juan José Pablos Castañeda" email="forrest-dev@apache.org"/>
</authors>

But that should be changed in the source of the document, I think that
we should display whatever comes from the source.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Cheche