forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My Italian is not as good as yours
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:53:41 GMT

On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 15:29 Europe/Rome, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Tuesday, Sep 16, 2003, at 14:11 Europe/Rome, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

>>      <message key="About">Circa</message>

I missed this before: it's incorrect. It should be "Riguardo a" in this
context "circa" means "about" but relative to numbers, like "circa 3"
is "more or less 3"

Admittedly, to italian speakers, that translation is aweful. But
italian doesn't have that particular expression as "about" in a
referencing context, so you have to come up with a composed expression
like the above.

--
Stefano.