forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:56:09 GMT
Jeff Turner dijo:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 07:32:55AM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Upayavira dijo:

>> deployed. If its Apache, you could use a PHP search engine, or ASP
>> on
>> written in PHP  or ASP that could be included into Forrest.

>> No, please no. This is the way back! We are using XML, because it is
>> far better than any mixed tags (script + HTML).
>>
>> I really dont think this is a good idea.
>
> But think; if we write a _skin_ that outputs PHP, CGIs, .htaccess or
> whatever crazy stuff is needed, don't we get the best of both worlds?
> Our XML is kept nice and clean, and we take advantage of native features
> of the webserver.

Well, maybe as a "package" that we does need to take care of it. Just as
some java libs we use in Forrest. Forrest devel does not take care of the
development of Java libs, we just copy the libs and use it.

BTW, this let me think in a search engine plug-in-like connector. Under
this idea we can allow people to write "connectors" for any search engine
they want. Is this a way? please comments.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.