forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:49:49 GMT
Upayavira dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Upayavira dijo:

>>No, please no. This is the way back! We are using XML, because it is
>> far better than any mixed tags (script + HTML).
>>
>>I really dont think this is a good idea.
>>

> Of course using XML is better. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so.

I know.

> But how do you offer (non-google) search on a (for example) Apache
> served site?

Online -> google. Don't see a reason to not use it even with Apache HTTPD.
Offline -> dont know. To do that we need a serverside search engine, maybe
htDig. But I think it just can be drafted in a How-to of Forrest. But no
to be included into Forrest.

I hope it explain my point.

Antonio Gallardo