forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject New Forrestbot in the works (Re: forrestbot configuration)
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:44:46 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 02:52:30PM -0400, Dave Brondsema wrote:

> I'm trying to set configuration files for forrestbot to generate several
> sites.  However, it seems that the <prepare> section of my conf.xml file
> has to be set with the same values as I already have in
> forrest.properties.  Why can't forrestbot just use forrest.properties?
>
> Moreover, how to I specify forrest.maxmemory using the
> forrestbot?  I have it set in forrest.properties, but I get an out of
> memory error when I run forrestbot.

The current Forrestbot implementation (XSLT generating Ant) is inflexible
and convoluted.  Over the last few days I've been rewriting the
Forrestbot using Ant 1.6's <import> facility.  There's 'get-src', 'site',
'deploy' and 'notify' targets in a generic script, and each project then
has a script which overrides key properties.  The targets themselves can
also be overridden.

It's worked wonderfully well.  *Much* cleaner and more flexible.  Ant's
<import> is a killer feature.

As for your specific question, the generic script <import>'s
forrest.build.xml, so it does use forrest.properties.

I'll commit my stuff tonight.

--Jeff