forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject destDir changes broke CLI (Re: CLI Feature request)
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:08:05 GMT
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:26:52AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:

> After some days during which my IDE wouldn't compile Cocoon, I have now
> committed this simple change.
>
> I have also reordered some code in the CLI, so that a destination
> directory specified on the command line will now override one specified
> in the xconf. All other command line parameters already override their
> xconf equivalents.

Ah, this has broken things somewhat.  Two problems:

1) Using *only* the command-line param doesn't work.  Forrest's cli.xconf
does not have a <dest-dir> entry, and instead relies on the --destDir
param being passed in from the command-line.  Because of this I get:

ERROR: You must specify a destination directory when defining a target

2) The first file to be rendered ends up in the <dest-dir> directory, not
the overriding --destDir directory.  If the cli.xconf has:

  <dest-dir>/tmp/wrong</dest-dir>

At the end of the render, /tmp/wrong/ contains one file:

drwxr-xr-x    2 jeff     jeff         1024 Sep 27 18:00 .
drwxrwxrwt    9 root     root        14336 Sep 27 18:00 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 jeff     jeff          766 Sep 27 18:00 favicon.ico

favicon.ico happens to be the first to get rendered.  All the other files
(excluding favicon.ico) end up in the --destDir directory.

--Jeff