forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generating html from xml without putting a file in site.xml
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:08:33 GMT
On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 05:45:48PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> [...]

It has to be in src/documentation/conf/.  There's some related
documentation on cli.xconf hacking at:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#ignoring_javadocs

>  Added a uri element to it ala favicon.ico:
>
>   <uri>myfile.html</uri>

That looks correct for older snapshots of Forrest, but in 0.5 the syntax
changed:

   <uri src="myfile.html"/>

> This should probably be qualified?  But relative to what?

It's just a URL that the command line takes to Cocoon and says "render
this".  To render 'myfile.html', Cocoon will look for
src/documentation/content/xdocs/myfile.ehtml

Btw, is this .ehtml file for pointing to mirrors?  If so, there's ones
for avalon and xml-site that you could copy:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/mirrors.ehtml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> I tried the alternative of the empty link, which does generate the pages.
> However, I now get the full menu (all tabs) on the left side.  How do I
> tell it which tab is active (IOW, which tab this page belongs under, albeit
> invisible on the tab itself)?

A page's tab is normally determined by the tab="..." attribute on the
page's node in site.xml:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html#Selecting+menu+entries

If you add a node to site.xml for the page without a 'label' attribute,
then it will not appear in the menu, but will appear in the correct tab.

--Jeff