forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest source directory layout and resolving
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:17:59 GMT
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:30:10AM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> We need to tackle the Forrest source directory layout and how to
> resolve additional source dirs.

Yep

> Objectives:
> 1 new and cleaner standard layout
> 2 no more source copying

I'm a bit hazy on 1), but quite clued-up on 2), so I'll reply to these on
two threads.

> 3 definition of additional user resources
>
> 1 new standard layout
> --------------------------
>
> This was the last proposal that had consensus IIUC:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgNo=5759

It had consensus, but I don't know if it was concrete enough to be
considered a 'proposal'.

> From this thread I took the fiollowing stuff:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&from=360923&to=360923&count=36&by=thread&first=21&windowSize=20&selectedPage=2
>

> The default Cocoon doc space is:
>
>  documentation
>    content -> model
>      - files to process (1)
>      - files not to process (2)
>    resources -> controller
>    skins -> view
>
> So we would have use definable (KISS)
>
> content-dir (1)
> raw-dir (2)

I have trouble thinking abstractly.  What would the default directories
for these be?  Could they overlap, eg. to emulate what we have now:

src/documentation/content          # raw-dir
src/documentation/content/xdocs    # content-dir

--Jeff