forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FIXED: Last link missing in CLI
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:59:18 GMT
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:56:07PM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Simon Meith just provided a patch to fix the bug with the last link not
> being present when a site is generated with the CLI. I've patched the
> current Cocoon CVS. Many thanks to Simon - it was far more
> straight-forward than I would have expected.

Great!  I tried it with my site that had missing pages and it fixes the
problem.  I've committed it to Forrest CVS.

All: I'd like to make a 0.5.1 Forrest release with this and other fixes.
If you see a bugfix patch that would benefit 0.5 users, please port it to
the FORREST_05_BRANCH branch.  If someone would like to make the
krysalis-site javascript menus optionally collapsible for 0.5.1, I'm sure
it would be appreciated.

> So there's another reason to check out the latest CLI, which has changed
> quite a bit in the last weeks.

Indeed.  I like the time and size in the output:

* [50/0]     0.314s 18.4Kb  forrestbot-intro.html
* [51/0]     0.383s 29.3Kb  validation.html
* [55/0]     1.413s 91.0Kb  faq-v11.dtdx.html
* [60/0]     0.556s 49.8Kb  sitemap-ref.html
^ site:your-project
^ site:upgrading_05

I guess lines beginning with ^ indicate an ignored URL?  They clutter up
the output a bit.. is there a reason for printing them, or is it for
informational purposes?

> [OT: Next I want to improve reporting, and when I've done that, I'll be
> creating an Ant task for you guys. And at some point I'll try to work
> out why nothing seems to be getting logged.]

Many thanks for your efforts.

--Jeff