forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Wiki Support
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:08:50 GMT
On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 05:10:58PM +0200, stefan.bernemann@degussa.com wrote:

> Yes, I tried that.
>
> I'm stumbling when trying tomodify the wiki grammar because:
>
> (1) the text grammar (wiki.grm) is not used by default, only the xml
> version. But only the text version is maintainalbe by humans.
> (2) if I switch on the pipelines in forrest.xmap to dynamically generate
> the wiki.{xlex,xgrm} files from the wiki.grm, I get the following error:
>
> 11:01:38.953 EVENT  ERROR   (2003-09-18) 11:01.38:953   [access  ]
> (/samples/wiki-sample.html) PoolThread-4/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon
> Problem
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error during resolving of
> 'cocoon:/wiki.xlex'.: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException:
> Exception during processing of cocoon://wiki.xlex

I've just fixed one bug that may have caused this.

To dynamically generate grammars, you need to:

 - call the cocoon:/wiki.{xgrm,xlex} pipelines instead of the static
   equivalents
 - Uncomment the *.xgrm and *.xlex pipeline definitions

Both done in forrest.xmap.  Attached is a diff for forrest.xmap showing
how it's done.

If you're planning on doing any serious work on the grammars, there are
some issues to be aware of.  The grammars were taken from Cocoon's
chaperon sample block,  However, they are not the same as those in Cocoon
now.  Cocoon's Wiki grammar seems a bit more advanced, but has some bugs
that, being lazy and chaperon-ignorant, I didn't feel like fixing at the
time.  Forrest's wiki.grm log says:

revision 1.3
date: 2003/04/27 11:26:06;  author: jefft;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -57
Revert to the 20030311 Wiki grammars, as the CVS HEAD versions don't seem to
recognise subtitles.  The new wiki2document softbreak template seems to have
fixed the whitespace problems.

--Jeff