forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apparent resolver troubles
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:49:49 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:15:27PM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David,
>
> Hold on here, we need more testing on this issue.
>
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> >Subject: Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/schema catalog.xcat
> >
> >>I think that this change fix that error
> >>
> >>please can anyone cvs update -r FORREST_05_RC and test it?
> >

> >This is not the source of the error that was described in the
> >other thread. The entity resolver has a special bootstrap resolver
> >that uses a local in-built copy of the catalog DTD. So it should
> >never need to go wandering on the net to get it. To prove this again,
> >i just disconnected from the network and the build works fine for me
> >(without this recent change below).
> >

> After your modifications of today I am able to see a request to
> www.oasis-open.org.

When David committed his fix, he did not remove the FORREST_05_RC tag
from tools/ant/lib/resolver.jar, so your test against the FORREST_05_RC
tag probably had both new and old resolver.jars in the classpath.  I've
fixed that now.  I can switch off networking and successfully build
projects, so I'm happy this bug is fixed.

--Jeff