forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP vs SVG (Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:35:46 GMT
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 01:04:50AM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >
> >Okay, so we _could_ add a task:
> >
> ><target name="get-svg">
> >  <get ... />
> ></target>
> >

> Hey!, we are getting closer! :-)
>
> >And then because the seed target uses SVG, we'd need to make a
> >dependency:
> >
> ><target name="seed" depends="get-svg, ...">
> >

> Same as xsp, there is a xsp-sample.xsp so it has to be:
>
> <target name="seed" depends="get-svg, get-xsp, ...">

'cvs rm -f xsp-sample.xsp' will instantly solve that problem with no loss
of functionality.

> >Of course the same offline/proxy issues affect a get-xsp target, but
> >given the number of Forrest users wanting XSP, this is a tiny cost
> >compared to that of increasing the Forrest download by 2.4Mb for
> >everyone.
> >
> >--Jeff
>
> Unless xsp or svg are not added by default in the seed example, then
> there is not dependency.

Give up! ;)  We're not going to remove SVG from fresh-site because
generating a logo from skinconf.xml is cool and maybe even useful.
Besides which, we couldn't remove built-in SVG support because it would
break backwards-compat with all sites expecting it.  The issue is XSP
support.

--Jeff