forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:05:52 GMT
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 01:08:39PM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:57:10AM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> >>I added XSP because it was requested not because of its size.
> >

> >XForms was also requested, but (I hope) we're not going to include that.
>
> There is not mention on the archives of such a request.

Jason Lane was trying to use XMLForm.

> >Why can't the handful of users wanting XSP just run './build.sh get-xsp'
> >and save everyone else the download?
> >

> So, for someone like me that does not use svg. should be have a
> ./build.sh get-svg as well?

You've used SVG before, because you've built the seed site before.  And
you're avoiding the question ;P

> >>Are you saying that XSP is not useful for static sites?.
> >

> >I haven't seen any real-world use-cases for wanting XSP-generated static
> >HTML in Forrest.
>

> I do not know if it is a real world example but I am looking to access a
> database for specifict data and get a PDF with that.

Depends on whether you want to website to reflect what's currently in the
database.  It's a fair use-case for XSP, but also irrelevant to the
question of why XSP users can't run an Ant task.

--Jeff