forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/resources/stylesheets page2document.xsl
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:13:50 GMT
On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 11:57:10AM +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >Most things in Cocoon are under 2Mb, but that is no reason to go adding
> >them to Forrest.  Unlike XSP, SVG is useful for all sites, not just
> >dynamic ones, and is used in our seed webapp.
> >

> I added XSP because it was requested not because of its size.

XForms was also requested, but (I hope) we're not going to include that.
Why can't the handful of users wanting XSP just run './build.sh get-xsp'
and save everyone else the download?

> I have not added the midi block because is small, have I?

Well if <bgsound> hadn't traumatised a generation of web users, perhaps
we could include it ;)  It works in a static site and has no external
dependencies.

> Are you saying that XSP is not useful for static sites?.

I haven't seen any real-world use-cases for wanting XSP-generated static
HTML in Forrest.

--Jeff