forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: css again
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:41:38 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >
> > I noted this bug before. For a workaround, remove all the
> > build directory and generate again.
>
> um, which parts of the build tree?  some of the source files are
> under build/, so i can't just get rid of that.  build/tmp/ and
> build/site/ maybe?

Er, i am not sure what you mean by "source files". Unless, you
have manually added stuff to ./build for some reason, then
you will be safe to do 'forrest clean' (or just 'rm -rf ./build')
and start again with 'forrest'.

Sure forrest does copy some source files into the build space
and i know that some projects add extra stuff in there via their
build.xml (e.g. xml-commons, cocoon) so that forrest can process it.

The only situation where you would need to worry about ./build/*
is if you use 'forrest run' and edit stuff in build/webapps then you
will need to copy the modified source back as Antonio described.

--David