forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [issues] Created: (FOR-63) build broken by forrest.xmap XSP additions
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:31:24 GMT
 Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Hold on here,
>
> You commeted out and that broke the build:
>
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.32
> date: 2003/09/12 06:22:22;  author: crossley;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -1
> Temporarily removing the last commit. It breaks the build with
> "Type 'serverpages' is not defined for 'generate'". Sounds like some
> other sitemap needs a patch too.
> ----------------------------

My projects were building fine with cvs head of Forrest. One day
before release i am doing testing and suddenly they are broken
by the recent XSP commits. Yeah, i was a bit rash just commenting
it out, sorry. I was a bit pressured at the time trying to get
the resolver stuff fixed.

> I thought that you were going to tackle the real issue with is the
> problem with custom tags [1]. We had a long thread  about this issue.

Probably missed it in the flurry, i will read back. You must
be mistaken, it was not me that said i would tackle anything.

> I was not expecting you to open a task, but anyay:

This was to alert people that something needed to be done
to fix it before release. But i see now that this is in 06-dev
so not such a problem.

> The reason of why XSP is not working in your site is because you need to
> define Type 'serverpages' with this line on your sitemap:
>
> <map:generator name="serverpages"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

Thanks. Then that needs to go in the changelog and could probably
be the first entry in the new upgrading_06 document. Your entry
for XSP is a bit basic in the chnagelog.

> This error is the same as the xml-document or menu.xmap and
> resource.xmap (The system cannot find the file specified)

Ooh, i hope that those are explained in the changelog or
we will have a lot of questions from userland.

> It is all about the ability to use custom maps and mix them
> with forrest xmaps.

Great, i had better read the upgrading_05.html document to
find out how to use them properly

> [1] http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-57
>

> I will add a link so both issues come related.

Sorry for the confusion.

--David