forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [patch] person tag
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:31:22 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> > Why?  I would have thought page metadata is primarily of interest to the
> > document author, who has access to the XML.  There is no rule saying we
> > need display all metadata.  Browsers don't render HTML <meta> tags do
> > they?
>
> If we do not want to print Metadata, we should not be printing
> authors/person@name.

Well certain metadata should be displayed in certain contexts.
e.g. sometimes version number is appropriate
e.g. sometimes an author name is appropriate
e.g. sometimes even an email address is appropriate

I think that it is the concern of stylesheet and sitemap authors
as to what to show and how to show it. They could even transform
some content to something else.

Deciding what to show on the forrest-site skin is different issue.

> we could move all header elements inside <meta/> for html format.

Only some elements please. For example, i do not want my email
address in there thanks.

<snip/>

> so what about if we create an email template so it can be called from
> other skins if need be.

<snip what="good idea about email xslt template" reason="agree"/>

--David