forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <>
Subject Re: Multi-lingual static web site
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:56:52 GMT
From: "Raymond Penners" <>
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> Thanks, that seems to work.  Now I am wondering where to place the
> files containing the translations. The i18n
> transformer is configured as follows:

First of all, the file should be 'messages.xml', otherwise it won't work.

>          <map:transformer name="i18n"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
>               <catalogue-name>messages</catalogue-name>
>               <catalogue-location>translations</catalogue-location>
>               <untranslated-text>untranslated</untranslated-text>
>               <cache-at-startup>true</cache-at-startup>
>          </map:transformer>

AFAIR, paths are treated relatively to the sitemap location where you have
added this component. You can try to use an absolute path for
<catalogue-location>, e.g. /translations - this will be resolved to the
context root (have no idea where is it in case of CLI, for webapps it's the
web application directory).

> So, I tried placing a "" file in
> "src/documentation/resources/translations/". But
> forrest complains: "Unable to locate resource: messages".

Hm, not a very informative message, I should definitely find time to fix it.
Try to put it somewhere in: src/resources/conf/translations

For more on i18n see the documentation of i18n transformer and even better
to take a look at the samples in Cocoon 2.1.

> Thanks again,
> --
> Raymond Penners -*- -*-

View raw message