forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest: dynamic or static?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:26:14 GMT
From: "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>

> I see we now have i18n'ed menus, where the language is chosen based on
> the locale of the requester.
>
> This feature is useless if you're rendering a static site with the CLI.
> The requester's locale will be that of the local machine.

What if we add links like <a href="?locale=de">German</a> to each page?
Won't Cocoon generate according i18n-ized pages?

Not sure if Cocoon CLI processes request parameters, but maybe it can be
extended to generate pages with them, e.g.:

request: index.htm?locale=de&page=1
result: index.htm$locale=de&page=1  (it's a legal name for Win2K)

Another option is to generate content separately for each language (by
setting the current locale in config or specifing in command line) then
placing them in different directories and here Apache HTTPD can be used to
redirect requests depending on users locale.

<snip />

-- Konstantin