forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Bols" <db...@osirion.be>
Subject RE: Using XSP in Forrest
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:46:40 GMT

Thanks for the advice.
Took me some time to find out how to checkout and how to build a new version
of cocoon
and forrest. The hardest part though was the integration of the new cocoon
version in forrest.
The script for the integration of cocoon into forrest was only avialable in
UNIX-version...so
i tried to find out what it actually did.....and did the integration
manually on my XP.
Are there any plans for integrating the new cocoon version into Forrest?

> > 2. The dynamic website runs perfectly within the Jetty engine but the
> > WAR-file generated by forrest doesn't run under Tomcat. What am I doing
> > wrong?
>
> Did you set the java.endorsed.dirs property?  When you ran 'forrest
> webapp', it would have printed a message like this:
>
>   If using JDK 1.4 or above, make sure to set the Java
> environment variable
>
> -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/jeff/apache/xml/xml-forrest/build/dist/
shbat/bin/../lib/endorsed
>   Eg, in the TOMCAT_OPTS (3.3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (4.x) env variable.

Thanks for the help.....this was the solution for my problem.