forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Bols" <db...@osirion.be>
Subject RE: Using XSP in Forrest
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:58:04 GMT
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 08:46:40AM +0200, Danny Bols wrote:
> > Thanks Leo...this document helped me a lot.
> > Do you know if newer versions of forrest will be XSP-enabled by
> > default?
>
> If users want it to.  Perhaps we could ship Forrest with XSP enabled in
> cocoon.xconf, and then have a 'get-xsp' Ant target which fetches the
> compiler and extra classes.
>
> --Jeff
I was surprised to see that Forrest, a tool based on the Cocoon framework,
wasn't XSP-enabled. I would definitively make it XSP-enabled.....it took me
a lot of valueable time to integrate the latest version of Cocoon into
Forrest and to configure it so I was able to run my XSP's (if I want to use
a newer version of Forrest i have to do the job again). So this is a big
VOTE for making Forrest XSP enabled.

---------

One other question:
In my case the document-v12.dtd is too limited and needs to be extended. For
instance there are no tags available for handling forms and the table tags
are too basic. What is the proper way to do this? I want a solution so I can
stay close to what is happening in the Forrest project. Should we discuss a
document-v13? I like the idea of having a powerfull intermediate format.