forrest-dev mailing list archives

From g4 <ja...@root10.net>
Subject Re: more meta thoughts
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:20:15 GMT

On Monday, Aug 11, 2003, at 17:38 Europe/London, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Jason,
> I had a look to this software, I was not able to see the demo.

If you go to the "try it"  page  you should see it.

> I have read the white paper. This sofware process documents and
> created the meta information.
>
> What exactly do you want to incorporate into forrest even on the
> simplest level?

Sorry I don't know why I phrased it that way.

> Adding something like this is trivial:

Yes I have this already working, although I have to write a dc2html
XSL. I don't know if you seen my other post regarding metadata, that
has examples of what I've been working on.

The only thing that's missing from this is keyword generation.  I have
written a gawk script that's doing a regexp strip of xml and then a
frequency count of words. Next I need to set up a list of common words
to further filter potential key words. I was thinking this could be
used at say ./forrest webapp to generate keywords  from each page.

I'm doing this part really for my own curiosity. If you think it could
be useful to generate keywords from content text, I'm working on it ;)

> <link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" />
>
> Cheers,
> Cheche
>

> g4 wrote:
>> Hi list, Hi Jeff.
>> Just had a look at Klarity (http://archive.klarity.com.au/), great
>> tool!  What's stopping us from (eventually) including something like
>> this in Forrest (CMD) itself? Even if it were at it's simplest level
>> I think it could be a great feature. However how to achieve this
>> might be another issue, off hand AWK / NAWK comes to mind.
>> Anyway just thoughts ;)
>> Jason Lane

Jason Lane

Developer