forrest-dev mailing list archives

From <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: Where to put components (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 08:42:22 GMT
Jeff,

> Then perhaps we should make the default 'xml'.  HTML is the Cocoon
> default though.

+1, so then you need to redeclare 13 declarations because you duplicated
 them on the submaps (some are needed). That is why I do not feel that
duplicated declarations on submap level is not a good idea.

> > On the declarations there is no way to ensure that what you declare it
> > is used or not on the submap.
>
> Didn't follow that?

Sure, you wanted to declare components on the submap so you know your
dependencies, but we have not got a way to detect you declare a map
component and that component has not been used. ie. you define a
map:resources and has not been declare.

> > Overwriting a default declaration is another way to duplicate, to  allow
> >  explicit declaration use type="..."
>
> Seems better to declare a default than to use type="..." on every
> element.

+1, but here we argued about declaration of default type on submaps as
well as sitemap.

Cheers,
Cheche