forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Corneanu Dan <c...@savatech.ro>
Subject Re: Multilanguage sites
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:02:05 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>How about having separate directories for each language?
>
>src/documentation/content/xdocs/en/*.xml
>src/documentation/content/xdocs/de/*.xml
>src/documentation/content/xdocs/fr/*.xml

This is a good idea. There is only one thing bothering me and this is
having multiple site.xml + tabs.xml files, one in every language folder
(src/documentation/content/xdocs/{en|de|fr}/site.xml etc.), all having
the same content only some labels being translated. But I think this
could be solved by an ant script that will prepare the
{en|de|fr}/site.xml + {en|de|fr}/tabs.xml files for every language using
a single site.xml + tabs.xml as source (endorsed with some translation
information), before actually running forrest.

I will try the solution you proposed and see how it feels.

Also in the meantime I managed to put up a solution
based on the structure I first proposed and I'm thinking of using the
i18n module for menus and tabs translation.

Dan.