forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] html source files side-effects
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:26:55 GMT
On 11 Aug 2003 at 11:25, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Trying to follow what I say, I effectively switched my internal
> intranet to use html source files. Guess what, there are a couple of
> side-effects I hadn't thought of.
>
> The initial effect is that users can use mozilla composer to edit the
> pages, which makes it pretty trivial. Then I found out that users
> don't need to install Forrest anymore! They just check-in the html
> page, and live Forrest jolly knows what to do with it! Moreover,
> source files are directly readable from viewCVS!

I've built a significant site around an HTML data source stored in CVS, which I find
works very well.

I've used css tags to add some semantic markup - having a CSS file which is used
purely for authoring purposes (e.g. <p class="source">some source code</p>).

> Now if I understand how to debug Cocoon in JBuilder so to make these
> files done also by the CLI...

Huh? What's the problem there? Why can't you just use the HTML generator?

Regards, Upayavira