forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: broken links to "site:" URLs
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:54:01 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 06:27:08PM +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> I rebuilt my local Forrest doco today but i get all these strange
> error messages about "site:" and "ext:" URLs being broken.
> Here is one example...
> ------
> * [0] your-project.pdf
> X [0] site:contrib    BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: site:contrib
> * [48] cap.html
> ------
>
> On the other hand, i have a project site that builds with no such
> problems. So i do not know what is going on. Any clues?

The problem is with the new CLI: we have no way to exclude certain URLs
from being traversed.  The Forrest site gives these broken links because
sitemap-ref.xml deliberately references some raw XML (index.xml), which
contains refs to untranslated links like 'site:contrib'.  It just an
annoyance really -- doesn't harm the actual output.

If no brilliant ideas are forthcoming, I'll hack <exclude-uri> support
onto the Cocoon CLI so we can do a long-overdue 0.5 release.

--Jeff