forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Koponen <niklas.kopo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Newbie question: Special file
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:26:50 GMT
On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 09:38:22PM +1000, Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:07:31PM +0300, Niklas Koponen wrote:
> > The problem is that I cannot figure out how to bypass the normal
> > processing pipeline for this one file xdocs/lunch.xml. I was able to
> > register the lunch so its get transformed to doc12. But that is not
> > really what I was after.
>
> Have a look at:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type
>
> You need to:
>  - Add your custom DTD and register it in the catalog
>  - Add your stylesheet
>  - Override and customise the sitemap to apply your stylesheet to
>    xdocs/lunch.xml
>
> To start with, I'd suggest running Forrest interactively ('forrest run',
> then browse http://localhost:8888), and tinkering with the sitemap in
> build/webapp/*.xmap and content in build/webapp/content/xdocs/*.  That
> way, you can see in realtime how the sitemap works, and what changes need
> be made to render lunch.xml specially.

Thank you for the advice. Development went faster after switching to
"live" mode. I got figured out how to generate the pdf but I left the
html formatting alone. I noticed that the tables were configurable
using the css stylesheets. Where do I submit a new site using Forrest
;-)?

-Niklas

--
Niklas Koponen   | Hietapellontie 3 B 7 | niklas.koponen@iki.fi