forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie question: Special file
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:38:22 GMT
On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:07:31PM +0300, Niklas Koponen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I asked this question a few days ago but got no answer. I guess the
> formatting of the question was somewhat obscure and nobody understood my
> problem.

Sorry, I missed that one.

> I read from the forrest homepage that this is the only forrest
> mailing list otherwise I would not be posting to a developer list.
>
> I have a site with normal documents for which the doc12 format suits
> fine (Its a site for a restaurant). The problem is with the page that
> lists the lunches for the current week. I need some special formatting
> for the html and the pdf version of that page. I have the stylesheets
> ready that does the formatting to html and fo and I have the DTD for the
> lunch.
>
> The problem is that I cannot figure out how to bypass the normal
> processing pipeline for this one file xdocs/lunch.xml. I was able to
> register the lunch so its get transformed to doc12. But that is not
> really what I was after.

Have a look at:

http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type

You need to:
 - Add your custom DTD and register it in the catalog
 - Add your stylesheet
 - Override and customise the sitemap to apply your stylesheet to
   xdocs/lunch.xml

To start with, I'd suggest running Forrest interactively ('forrest run',
then browse http://localhost:8888), and tinkering with the sitemap in
build/webapp/*.xmap and content in build/webapp/content/xdocs/*.  That
way, you can see in realtime how the sitemap works, and what changes need
be made to render lunch.xml specially.

HTH,

--Jeff