forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Koponen <niklas.kopo...@iki.fi>
Subject Newbie question: Special file
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:07:31 GMT
Hi!

I asked this question a few days ago but got no answer. I guess the
formatting of the question was somewhat obscure and nobody understood my
problem. I read from the forrest homepage that this is the only forrest
mailing list otherwise I would not be posting to a developer list.

I have a site with normal documents for which the doc12 format suits
fine (Its a site for a restaurant). The problem is with the page that
lists the lunches for the current week. I need some special formatting
for the html and the pdf version of that page. I have the stylesheets
ready that does the formatting to html and fo and I have the DTD for the
lunch.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to bypass the normal
processing pipeline for this one file xdocs/lunch.xml. I was able to
register the lunch so its get transformed to doc12. But that is not
really what I was after.

I got have the site ready by monday and all that is missing is this one
page.

I would appreciate if somebody could at least point me to the right
direction or state that the problem cannot be solved. If you need more
information I will submit it.

        HTML <----------------------------\
         ^                                |
         |    PDF<--------------------\   |
         |     ^                      |   |
	 |     |                      |   |
         |     |                      |   |
 |----------------------------|       |   |
 |    doc-v12                 |       |   |
  DocBook .... FAQ                    Lunch

  Is this possible using Forrest?

-Niklas
--
Niklas Koponen   | Hietapellontie 3 B 7 | niklas.koponen@iki.fi