forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Schlierf <>
Subject Re: build failed: java returned 1
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:05:04 GMT
Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2003 14:59 schrieb Jeff Turner:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:41:29PM +0200, Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> > > Do you mean, everything works?  If not, what is the error?  Is there
> > > anything in your webserver log?
> >
> > Yes, as far as I can see, anything works (excuse my ignorance but I don't
> > know where to find the logfile).
> build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/error.log

Ok, no entries.

> > Better: despite of the error message the complete site is built (as far
> > as I can see)!
> >
> > Today I also tested some JDKs (Suns 1.4.2 and Blackdowns 1.4.1) but the
> > error message still occurs.
> Oh okay, so the site does render, but Java returns a non-zero exit code?
> As the site renders, are there any broken links?  For example, CVS
> Forrest's own site also returns 'build failed' due to some broken links.
> This isn't serious, just an annoyance until we figure out how to exclude
> URLs from being crawled by the the command-line.

Yes, there are broken links.
And I forgot to mention in my last eMail: I also installed the CVS-version on
another computer, tested it there (forrest seed, forrest site)
and got this error message, too.
So if this isn't serious everything's okay for me.

Thank you very much for your help!

BTW: Are the new features of the cvs-version (o.5-devel) documented somewhere
? I mean features like collapsable menues in krysalis skin, generate one pdf
of the whole site and something like this ?

View raw message