forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build failed: java returned 1
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:59:08 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 02:41:29PM +0200, Stephan Schlierf wrote:
> > Do you mean, everything works?  If not, what is the error?  Is there
> > anything in your webserver log?
>
> Yes, as far as I can see, anything works (excuse my ignorance but I don't know
> where to find the logfile).

build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/error.log

> Better: despite of the error message the complete site is built (as far as I
> can see)!
>
> Today I also tested some JDKs (Suns 1.4.2 and Blackdowns 1.4.1) but the error
> message still occurs.

Oh okay, so the site does render, but Java returns a non-zero exit code?
As the site renders, are there any broken links?  For example, CVS
Forrest's own site also returns 'build failed' due to some broken links.
This isn't serious, just an annoyance until we figure out how to exclude
URLs from being crawled by the the command-line.

--Jeff