forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using XSP in Forrest
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:46:11 GMT
On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 08:43:08PM +0200, Danny Bols wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the apache-forrest-0.4-bin version and am considering to use it
> in one of my projects. In this project I do have a bunch of XSP's which I
> would like to use in my new forrest project site.
>
> 1. Can anyone tell me what I should to do to get an XSP up and running in my
> forrest site. The online docs talk about different sitemaps that are
> used.....in my prebuild version I only see. Am I using the right version of
> forrest?

0.4 is 5-6 months old.  Adding XSP capabilities involves recompiling
Cocoon, so to do it properly, you'd have to use a 5-6 month old version
of Cocoon.  If it were me, I'd use CVS Forrest (pretty stable) and CVS
Cocoon, which is very close to a 2.1 final release.

> 2. The dynamic website runs perfectly within the Jetty engine but the
> WAR-file generated by forrest doesn't run under Tomcat. What am I doing
> wrong?

Did you set the java.endorsed.dirs property?  When you ran 'forrest
webapp', it would have printed a message like this:

  If using JDK 1.4 or above, make sure to set the Java environment variable
  -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/home/jeff/apache/xml/xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat/bin/../lib/endorsed
  Eg, in the TOMCAT_OPTS (3.3.x) or CATALINA_OPTS (4.x) env variable.

--Jeff