forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Metadata implementation
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:59:53 GMT
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:01:43AM +0100, g4 wrote:
> Hi list ;)
>
> This is a question about metadata, forrest  and it's most sensible
> implementation. OK I'd like to be able to offer much more granularity
> in keyword and description metadata within forrest, actually none to
> speak of exists at the moment.
>
> What would you recommend / suggest ?

Have a look at the document-v20a DTD definition in
dtd/v20a/document-v20.mod.  It allows:

<document>
  <header>
    ..
  </header>
</document>

We can do all sorts of cool things with this.  For example, using CVS
expansions:

Then we can display the page's last modification date somewhere in the
page.

> My approach at the moment would be just to create some custom content
> types in the header of each XML content document such as <metakey/>  &
> <metadesc/> this will give me the granularity I'm after.
>
> However the problem here is that I think the way in which the site skin
> is applied would have to change somewhat, true?

Yes :/  If you'd like to make the changes, that'd be very cool.  I
haven't had time.

--Jeff