forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding new content
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:51:56 GMT
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:35:26PM -0700, k apsul wrote:
> I tried to follow the "Using Forrest" for adding a new content,
> "download.xml" but I am failing as the instruction is not very clear as
> to where do I add the download-v11.dtd

You're right.  I've just added a sentence making that clearer.  Custom
DTDs go in src/documentation/resources/schema/dtd/, and the catalog goes
in src/documentation/resources/schema/catalog.xcat

> as there seems to be two catalog.xcat

Do you mean that there's both 'catalog' and 'catalog.xcat' files?  Only
the catalog.xcat one is used.

> and I tried both and still get the validation failed.  Is there a
> better instructions on this?  Confusion as to which is right the one
> from
> http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/your-project.html or
> the one from http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html ?

As of a few hours ago, they both contain the same updated content.

> Furthermore, the output from issuing "forrest" will
> all be html so I do not need cocoon to run it?  or
> where does cocoon features come in handy?

When you type 'forrest', Cocoon is run, and generates static HTML that
any webserver can serve.  If you type 'forrest run', a live Cocoon is
running on http://localhost:8888/.

--Jeff