forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Menu questions
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:57:56 GMT
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:11:15PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 05/08/2003 10.07:
> >Jeff,
> >How difficult could be to have both types of menus and a switch to
> >activate one or another?

It is a special case.  Normally, you'd want child pages to appear in the
menu.  In this case, we especially didn't -- the child pages were only
linked to from the page body.

> How different is this from my JS version of the collapsed menus?

Two differences:

1) index.html had no visible child pages.  In JS, it would.
2) The parent entry in the menu, 'Index', loads a page when clicked.  In
JS, the entry would trigger an open/close action, not load a page.

http://cvs.apache.org/~jefft/forrest/samples/hidden-menus-site/

This is a minor limitation with the JS, that menu entries cannot double
as both page links and parents of other entries.  Either a menu entry is
a page link, or an open/close menu category.

--Jeff