forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New content type
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 12:46:55 GMT
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 12:18:20PM +0100, g4 wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to be able to add a couple of new elements to the existing
> XML, so for example add a tagline element:

>     <section>
>       <title>Title......</title>
>
>       <tagline>a tag line.....</tagline>

>     </section>
>
> I've tried to follow the notes on this:
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type

Sorry, those docs apply to 0.4 and are out of date for CVS, which I
assume you're using?  The updated documentation for DTD modifications is
available at:

http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/sites/xml-forrest/validation.html

The DTD has extension points, where new tags can be plugged in.  Your
'tagline' tag seems to be on the same level as 'p', 'source' and other
block-level elements.  In the DTD you'll find this:

<!-- Blocks definitions -->
<!ENTITY % local.blocks "">
<!ENTITY % blocks "%paragraphs;|%tables;|%lists;|%special-blocks;%local.blocks;">

So you can override the 'local.blocks' entity as described in the
documentation, and define it as '|tagline'.

--Jeff