forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject CJK fonts (Re: Cell value encoding)
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2003 08:12:16 GMT

Thanks Nicola,

This will be (I think) related to the internationalization/
multilingualization of the whole ASF projects (websites),
if we think about the i18n/m17n of the ASF more seriously.

Well, I am not sure whether there are ASL like chinese fonts,
korean fonts etc... This can be discussed at FOP and Forrest, too.

I know that if we (poi team) can solve this problem, it also
means the prosperity of the Forrest Team (^_^)v

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 09:57:31 +0200
(Subject: Re: Cell value encoding)
Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> Andrew C. Oliver wrote, On 02/08/2003 6.59:
>
> > On 8/2/03 12:54 AM, "Tetsuya Kitahata" <tetsuya@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >>P.S. Andrew, there are many problems building POI-site in
> >>japanese/korean/chinese languages, because the default
> >>lacks the those 3 language's fonts. (in the process of the
> >>creation of PDF files)
> >
> > I'm speaking from ignorance, but I bet we need a way that doesn't require us
> > to check in things that we can't distribute (like M$ TTF font files) I'm
> > hooking you up with Nicola Ken.  Really what we need is someone who is in
> > the know to hook up with the forrest crowd.  We just use Forrest for our
> > documentation so any real change needs to take place there.  As a bonus it
> > will help a lot of other projects too.
>
> Yup. Forwarding to forrest-dev.
>
> --

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org