forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multilanguage sites
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:44:00 GMT
From: "Corneanu Dan" <cdan@savatech.ro>
> Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
>
> >I think that i18n transformer would be very useful for menus and tabs.
And
> >it's not that difficult to plugin, just replace all the text labels
> >(elements) by:
> >
> ><i18n:text>The label in default locale</i18n:text>
> >
> >then create a dictionary directory, put translations there (e.g.
> >menu_de.xml) and then add 'i18n' transformation to the menu generation
> >pipeline.
> >
> >I'd be glad to answer your questions if you decide to go this way.
> >
> >-- Konstantin Piroumian   (kpiroumian@apache.org)
> >

> Or, should I put the i18n translation keys directly in the site.xml file:
>
> <site>
>   <index href="index.html" label="index_key" i18n:attr="label"/>
> </site>

Yes, this would be even better.

As for the obsolete namespace, seems that it will be changed back soon
following the discussions on Cocoon Dev list about backword compatibility. I
think that debug level for Cocoon components is specified somewhere in
WEB-INF/logkit.xconf, but I can be wrong.

Regards,
  Konstantin