forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert P. J. Day" <rpj...@mindspring.com>
Subject new tab structure, and a question about philosophy
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:17:57 GMT

  before i try the new tabs.xml and site.xml, one question:
can i have a page associated with the tab itself that is *not*
listed in the navigation menu (probably not using the correct
terminology).

  that is, i've set up my current site.xml, tabs.xml and book.xml
files so that, to begin with, when you go to the home page of my
site, you get the obligatory "hi, there, how's it going?
yadda yadda yadda."

  but that first page is not accessible through the navigation
menu.  because it's so general, i think of it like an abstract
or preface before the real content kicks in.  the same is true
of the page displayed whenever one would click on another tab.

  1) does the new structure allow (for lack of a better phrase)
     unlabelled pages to be added under any tab?

  2) what do design experts think of this aesthetically?

rday

--

Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies