forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert P. J. Day" <rpj...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: how to add a credit image to my forrest pages?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:54:48 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 08:35:52AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > arrrgh!  after beating on this for a while, i finally took a look at the
> > page source.  where i had referred to the credit file "blart.jpg", forrest
> > had transmogrified this to "blart.jpg.jpeg".  i'm not convinced that this
> > is an intuitive thing to do.
>
> Ah yes, so it does :/  Although that shouldn't break anything, as the
> blart.jpg.jpeg file should also exist.

i don't see why.  as a test, i renamed my image file back to .jpg,
and had the credit refer to it by that suffix.  the jpg file was,
in fact, copied under the build directory by precisely that name,
but the page source that was generated referred to the non-existent
file blah.jpg.jpeg, which does not exist anywhere in either the
src or build directory.  ergo, no graphic was displayed on the
page.

OTOH, as soon as i renamed the image file to .jpeg, that was
how the file was named in both the src and build directories, which
agreed with the credit link and everyone (including me) was happy.

as best i can tell, forrest *really* doesn't like .jpg suffixes
and arbitrarily appends a .jpeg suffix to the filename, causing
bad things to happen.

rday

--

Robert P. J. Day