forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo" <leont...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: XSP how to - trouble following a step
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:43:43 GMT
Hi list

The suggestion below does not work in the Windows 2000 enviroment:
.\upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh

I think .sh extension is for the Unix enviroment.
Windows needs a batch file:
upgrade_cocoon_jars.bat

Is there some tool that can be used to convert sh files to bat files?

Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: g4 [mailto:jason@root10.net]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 8:20 PM
To: forrest-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: XSP how to - trouble following a step

On Tuesday, Jul 15, 2003, at 00:14 Europe/London, Leo wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to follow the instructions set out in the wiki
> below.  I have done all the previous steps successfully.
> I am now at the step:
> xml-forrest/etc/cocoon_upgrade/upgrage_cocoon_jars.sh,
> this can take a while
>
> I am working in a Windows 2000 environment
> Nothing happens when I type:
> C:\XMLStuff\xml-forrest\etc\cocoon_upgrade>run upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh

Oh, I haven't used Windows for quite some time now, but if you're in
the same directory as the *.sh in Unix you usually do something like:

./upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh

so I think on Window it's (Command Promt):

.\upgrade_cocoon_jars.sh

I think this may be the problem.

If you have anymore problems please let me know and I'll try to sort
them out for you. Also so I can add any amendments to the wiki, I will
add Windows specific notes.

Thanks

> with XMLStuff being the directory containing
> cocoon-2.1
> xml-forrest
> nekodtd-0.1.6
> nekopull-0.2.3
> In an instant, I am back to
> C:\XMLStuff\xml-forrest\etc\cocoon_upgrade>
>
> What am I doing wrong??
>
> Thanks
> Leo

Jason Lane