forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ilja Heitlager" <i.heitla...@emrysgroup.com>
Subject RE: minimal forrest site
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:52:28 GMT
Hi Dave,

I tried something similar. What I did was to create a master project and various subprojects,
each created with their own forrest -seed and source control . I created a projects dir into
the xdocs directory. I used forrestbot to link all the sub projects together, running the
master project as the last one. In this way I do not encounter broken links. An index and
tab page to all subprojects is maintained in the masterproject. The only difference is that
forrestbot copies the master project into the root folder and the subprojects into the root/projects
folder. In other words I treat all projects as parallel projects but the target build dir
for the master and sub projects differ.

If I could only find out  a way to include "raw" docs like word and excel files, without this
pesky .html addition to the file name I would be production ready. Anyone?

HTH,
Ilja
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Brondsema [mailto:brondsem@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:33 PM
To: forrest-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: minimal forrest site

I have a complete website using forrest.  I want to add a
section that pulls many seperate projects' "xdocs" directories
into the main site.  It'll be simple to write a perl script that
copies the directories into the main forrest site.  But I want
the developers on each project to be able to manage their own
part independently.

So is there any way a developer on project A can have an "xdocs"
directory and run forrest on it.  I suppose he would always need
a book.xml at least.  Anything else?  What are the minimal files
and directories needed to be able to run forrest?

=====
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net - personal