forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Allow gmane postings
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:13:31 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote, On 31/07/2003 14.08:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 01:15:44PM +0200, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Anyone against having gmane allow postings to the forrest-dev list via
>>gmane?
>
> I've posted to forrest-dev through gmane before.  Do you mean, allow
> non-subscribers to post?  If so, wouldn't that apply to everyone, not
> just gmane posters?  IIRC anonymous posting was switched off after the
> moderators (David & Steven I think) got tired of spam.

Oh well... probably because they rejected it instead of just letting it
pass by ;-P

As other projects son't seem to have this big issue, I'd like to give it
a try, and maybe swith moderation to use a new compact representation
that is now used for tomcat... what do the moderators think?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -