forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: xsl:output
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:50:43 GMT
Nicola,

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 30/07/2003 12.46:
>> Possibly there is a lot of beneficts on the "Separation of Concerns" I
>> do not want to argue you that, I am not the one that wrote the
>> standard either but what I see is the result: "Cocoon does not support
>> a standard tag".
>

> Well, it doesn't, so? Cocoon is not a standards RI, nor are Cocoon extra
> features standard themselves.

The result is that we are using in forrest tags that are not supported
by cocoon. Now there is not point to look on the standard specs if some
tags are not going to work.

> Look at the Cocoon wiki and the Cocoon docs, there should be the answers
> you search for.

I did found the options of the serializer there, but nothing about
ignoring tags.I found a few references on the xalan-j lists

> Anyway, this is a question about Cocoon, not Forrest, so please post
> questions about Cocoon design decisions to the Cocoon development lists.

What I asked is something related to forrest. The document() funtion is
been used on our stylesheets:

changes2rss.xsl:  <xsl:variable name="config"
select="document($config-file)/skinconfig"/>
project2text.xsl:  <xsl:variable name="config"
select="document($config-file)/skinconfig"/>

If we should be using the document() funtion the we need to look for a
better way to do that.

Cheers,
Cheche