forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Juan Jose Pablos <che...@che-che.com>
Subject Re: patch for src/conf/forrest.xmap
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:35:43 GMT
Jason,

Jason Kary wrote:
> Juan,
>
> If I understand you correctly, the default functionality is for cocoon
> to use the 'sitemap.xmap' components if none are declared in current
> file.

That is right. I forgot to give you some pointers, check the info on
sub-sitemaps:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=UnderstandingCocoonMounts

I test that you can overwrite a component on the sub-map. The only
exception is the map:resources.

> If a component element is declared in the child file then it
> overrides the component element in the parent.  This would make sense if
> we think of the files as building a single DOM(tree) of elements for
> processing.

I am not sure if this is true, I just got curious about these, when I
saw your patch.

> Assuming the above is the case, then my 'vote' would be to remove all
> component entries from the children.  If you don't then side-effects are
> possible when editing the parent files.

I can see the side effects, so that is why I wanted to remove it.

> An alternative is to 'append', however I can't think of a good way to
> implement this feature.

I am not sure about what you mean. I happy the way it works, I would be
happy if we can add <map:components> inside <map:resource> but thatis ok.

Cheers,
Cheche