forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: %20 in breadcrumb trail.
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:28:03 GMT

Juan Jose Pablos wrote, On 25/07/2003 10.04:
> Nicola,
>
>> I don't know by heart, but in Google it's quite easy to find snippets
>> of Javascript that do it, ie replace text. Well, this is how I use
>> Javascript ;-)
>
> Itred that for half an hour and I could not find it, maybe because I was
> not sure the command I was looking for.

goto: www.google.com
enter: "javascript string replace"
click: I'm feeling lucky
in the page: var newstr = strText.replace(re, '') ;

And in the 6th position of teh google results page there is:
"STRING MATCHING AND REPLACING IN JAVASCRIPT 1.2"
http://developer.netscape.com/viewsource/angus_strings.html

30 seconds... what did you search for?

In case you want to do it in older javascript version browsers too, you
can use the string as an array and implement the routine by hand.

>> If you are able to come up with an XSLT version of it that removes
>> javascript altogether it would be even better. In fact it has been on
>> our (informal?) todo list for months!
>
> Informal list?, could you compose that list and forward to us?

Well, it's not written. Jeff has outlined it on this list some days
back. All the rest are just results of discussions that I remember on
these occasions, so I'm not able to write more down.

When I remember, I'll add then to our status doc.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -