forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: New CLI, twice as fast :)
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:50:55 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Cheche,
>

>>I thought that CLI was just to allow static version of websites.
>

> Not just to, it _IS_ to ;-)
>

>>Why do we want to overlap the funcionality that ant gives us?
>

> Because the CLI isn't always deployed in an Ant context. It can be used
> from the command line, or the CocoonBean can be integrated into your own
> Java applications.
>
> Having said that, I think I should think more about the implications of
> using it in Ant - I've only been using Ant for a month or so (other than
> building Cocoon), and have been very impressed with its power.

at the danger of completely missing the ball here...
(sine coming in late)

wouldn't it make the most sense to have a cocoon-cli ant task
directly? (rather then hooking up through the java task?)

writing such custom ant task (and combined datatypes) should not
be that difficult and I'ld like to assist. (I also think the
cocoon bean could largely benefit)

am a bit short on time though and my main threshold here and now
is understanding the full interface of the cocoon bean as is now

mainly how can it be instantiated/started and how does it get
access to its xconf? (must be a file, or could it just be an
InputStream?)

some rough ideas on the task

<cocoon-cli xconf-src=".." />

<cocoon-cli>
   <xconf>
     ... inline so we could go for ant-parameter-substitution
   </xconf>
</cocoon-cli>

in fact this last remark makes me think about quick hack using
<echo file="temp-location-to.xconf"><![CDATA[
<?xml version="1.0"?>
... whatever should be in the xconf ...
... wrapped around ant-parameters coming from the properties ...
]]></echo>

to generate the xconf based on ant-parameter-substitution and
then still let it be followed by the classic <java> task

what do others think?

> Regards, Upayavira

-marc=