forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [patch] faster, better copy-content
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:12:28 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote, On 24/07/2003 13.55:

> That's fine for now.  I would like to use <sync> for copy-content also, though.
>  Can we change the structure in tmp/ to
>
> context/content/process
> context/content/raw
>
> IIRC, this is in alignment with the possible future directory structure.

Well, IIUC the current lazy-consensus driven state, if nobody challenges
it, is that we have only one content dir, and that raw files are
identified by a "binary" or "raw" attribute in site.xml.

I don't yet have a clear view of how this will be implemented, but it
seems that ATM going with your classification makes sense.

> Nesting directories makes them difficult to work with, as is evidenced by my
> attempt to use <sync>.
> By the way, I chose the 'process' name instead of 'xdocs' since non-xml files
> can be processed.  Anyone have an idea for a better name?  I'm not satisfied
> that 'process' is the most intuitive.  Especially since you could put raw files
> in the 'process' directory if you wanted to.

I think "process" is a very good name, as in fact the files there should
be assumed to be processed, even if only by an identity transform.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -