forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collapsable menu headers added to krysalis skin, please test
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:22:20 GMT

Konstantin Piroumian wrote, On 23/07/2003 16.55:

> From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org>
>

>>Glen Stampoultzis wrote, On 23/07/2003 8.15:
>>
>>>Do you have a demo online?
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/forrest-tests/
>

> Looks fine, but why don't you change the arrow icon when meny is collapsed?

Maybe you can help me, I change the css image with javascript but it
won't work...

Look in the menu.js if you see the problem.

TIA

> Also, I remember someone having strong objections on dynamic menus in JS...
> ;)

Yeah, who was that asshole? ;-)

What I found out is that menus are much smaller than I thought at that
time. The example in particular was confusing, as it supposed that there
were a lot of links. Also there were cross-browser issues at first, so I
dumped the idea.

At that time it seemed the right thing to do, but as always, practice
makes perfect, and projects do the right thing after some real usage.

:-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -