forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Collapsable menu headers added to krysalis skin, please test
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:22:20 GMT

Konstantin Piroumian wrote, On 23/07/2003 16.55:

> From: "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <>
>>Glen Stampoultzis wrote, On 23/07/2003 8.15:
>>>Do you have a demo online?
> Looks fine, but why don't you change the arrow icon when meny is collapsed?

Maybe you can help me, I change the css image with javascript but it
won't work...

Look in the menu.js if you see the problem.

> Also, I remember someone having strong objections on dynamic menus in JS...
> ;)

Yeah, who was that asshole? ;-)

What I found out is that menus are much smaller than I thought at that
time. The example in particular was confusing, as it supposed that there
were a lot of links. Also there were cross-browser issues at first, so I
dumped the idea.

At that time it seemed the right thing to do, but as always, practice
makes perfect, and projects do the right thing after some real usage.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -