forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [RECAP] Forrest file formats and processing
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:43:20 GMT

Below is a recap of the files that Forrest now processed and that
will/could process (with a *).

Please note that *.html can contain parts that will not be used (->X).

Also note that I've added a xhtml and xhtml2 DTDs, that can/will be
created in the future, and will eventually supercede DocDTD12 as middle
format.

I've also added a "anakiaish" format in the diagram. This would be based
on the current anakiaMmaven stylesheet, and would try to convert any xml
file that has no DTD or an unrecognized DTD. This could make Forrest
render Maven, Anakia or old Cocoon ones OOTB.

What would be missing is the usage of a different site descriptor.
Since others have asked to have a DTD-based descriptor that can
validate, I would like to make it possible to use navigation.xml by
making a conversion to site.xml.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/maven/xdocs/navigation.xml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Also Maven is using their own faq language, and I'd like to see it
supported by us too, by converting to our faq DTD.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/maven/xdocs/faq.fml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

All raw docs would be caught by the last matcher *or* be specified to be
raw by an attribute in the site.xml file.

Comments?

   _________     __________    _____________   ___________    __________
  | Source  |   |Conversion|  |Main Format  | |Aggregation|  | Skinning |
  |_________|   |__________|  |_____________| |___________|  |__________|

                                                _________    +----------+
   site.xml + book.xml/s + skinconf.xml --->   |  nav    |   |          |
   _________    ___________    _____________   |_________|   |          |
  | *.xml   |  |DocDTD12   |  |             |  |         |   |  html    |
  |         |  |FAQ        |  |             |  |         |,->|          |
  |         |  |status     |  |             |  |         ||  |          |
  |         |->|todo       |->|             |->|         ||  +----------+
  |         |  |changes    |  |             |  |         ||
  |         |  |*anakiaish |  |  DocDTD12   |  |DocDTD12 ||  +----------+
  |         |  |*xhtml     |  |             |  |         ||  |          |
  |         |  |*xhtml2    |  |             |  |         ||  |          |
  |_________|  |*fml       |  |             |  |         |/  |  pdf     |
  |         |  |___________|  |             |  |         |-->|          |
  |         |                 |             |  |         |\  |          |
  |         |------>X         |             |  |         ||  |          |
  | *.html  |   __________    |             |  |         ||  +----------+
  |         |->|html      |-->|             |  |         ||
  |_________|  |__________|   |             |  |         ||  +----------+
  |         |   __________    |             |  |         ||  |          |
  | *.cwiki |->|wiki      |-->|_____________|  |_________||  |          |
  |_________|  |__________|   |             |  |         |'->|  *wml    |
  |         |   __________    |             |  |         |   |          |
  | *.txt   |->|text      |-->| Namespace   |  |Namespace|   |          |
  |_________|  |__________|   | Passthrough |  |Pass.    |   +----------+
  |         |   __________    |             |  |         |
  |_________|  |__________|   |_____________|  |_________|
  |         |   __________                                   +----------+
  | *.svg   |->|svg2png   |--------------------------------->|          |
  |_________|  |__________|                                  |          |
  |         |                                                |  images  |
  | *.gif   |----------------------------------------------->|          |
  | *.ico   |

PS: made with Jave: http://www.jave.de

             - verba volant, scripta manent -